10/07/2010

We Must Prepare for the Winter

Sadly.
This autumn was very rainy and cold. The autumn colors are not so wonderful as usual as the leaves suffer from all kind of awful fungal diseases because of the much cold rain. Our lime tree has lost all his foliage by now, which in "normal" years had happened only by the end of October.
I don't want the alpines to be wet any more, so we put the cover on the troughs in the garden. We cooked up something new this year, my husband made it and I believe him that it is stabile and okay.



At last the leaves of Cyclamen graecum are showing up. I've got these corms two years ago, in rather bad condition though with some healthy roots. But until now I did not manage to convince them to flower. I think these are only leaves again:

Cyclamen graecum

Here you can see the size relative to my fingertip:


No comments: